It’s #worldpasswordday. What makes a good password?
- you only use it in one place
- it’s long.
- long is more important than random; “X7$r4” is a terrible password. “This-is-a-much_b3tter-p@ssword”
- memorable for you but impossible to guess for someone else
- a line from a favorite book is great. Or a favorite quote. Just don’t pick one that’s too well known, like, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
- again, only use it in one place – such as your master password for LastPass, for example.